- Vice-Chair, Development Cooperation Committee
Koos Richelle (b. 1949) was from 2015 until the 1st of March 2020 Chairman of the Advisory Committee on Migration Affairs (ACVZ). From 2001 to 2014 he served as a Director-General at the European Commission in Brussels, first for Development Cooperation and subsequently for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion.
From 1987 to 2001 he held Director-General positions at the Dutch Ministries of Health, Welfare & Sport, Foreign Affairs, and Social Affairs & Employment. Previously he was deputy municipal secretary in Leiden. He began his career in 1972 at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
- Chair of the Supervisory Board of the Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV)
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Governors, European Centre for Development Policy Management.
- Chair of the Governing Board, IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
AIV Advisory reports
Over the past five years Richelle has contributed to the following advisory reports:
- The Netherlands and the Global Approach to COVID-19, May 2020
- The Future of ODA, November 2016
- The Future of Schengen, March 2016
- Differentiated Integration: Different Routes to EU Cooperation, October 2015
- ACP-EU Cooperation after 2020: Towards a New Partnership?, March 2015